Wednesday 27 October

Hey Kingy Tri Fam, 

Unfortunately I have bad news to share regarding our 14 November event, given the present COVID border restrictions.

At present there are over 800 entrants for November, of which about 210 are from New South Wales.

I have waited until the last possible time to see if any option materialises that will permit the November Kingy Tri to run, because our organisation – like you – is getting somewhat desperate to get moving.

Unfortunately today I accept it is not practical as 600 entrants, plus the NX organising staff cannot attend as we are Queensland based.

So what are we going to do?

  1. We have considered a postponement to 18 December, but this date would upset the local community given proximity to Christmas peak period. So a no go.
  2. We are prepared to offer an Aquathon to our New South Wales athletes if they choose, and would ask our crew from New South Wales to manage the event.
  3. My team is working quickly with Council and other stakeholders on a postponement date of 30 January 2022. We are proposing to hold a Summer Sizzle Series across the 30 January and 27 March 2022 event dates. This will include a championship points table with prizes across Olympic, Aquabike, Sprint and Tempta races, both in individuals and teams.

I am confident this can go ahead and we will be finalising approvals and relaunching the website on 2 November. Once confirmed, your entry will be automatically transferred to the 30 January start list.

I thank all those who have kept their entries with us and supported NX during this time. If you wish to request a refund I understand, please note an admin fee will have to be charged.

Again to our loyal members, thanks for working with us and we look forward to racing with you again soon.

Yours in triathlon,

Mike Crawley, Race Director

 

Friday 1 October

Hey Kingy Tri Fam, 

I hope you are well. As promised I wanted to provide an update on your Kingscliff Triathlon on Sunday 14 November 2021.

While COVID issues continue, at this stage we see no reason to cancel. We are aware of continuing border closures but I also know many of our New South Wales competitors are desperate for an event. My team will do all we can to run an event in November.

Our position remains:

  • If the event can comply with NSW Health Regulations and the border is open it will proceed
  • Or, if the event complies with NSW Health Regulations and the border remains closed it may be just a NSW event to support all our athletes and juniors in the Northern Rivers
  • The final review date on the regulations and the border will be on 25 October.

I wish to reiterate that given the current COVID uncertainty, please wait to enter if there is concern as we wish to avoid refunds and the associated administration. Take your time and we will make sure there is a spot on the start line for you.

For those already entered, if the November event is reduced in size or cannot proceed your entry will be automatically transferred to the 27 March 2022 Kingy Tri start list or any other NX event you choose.

Again to our loyal members, thanks for keeping your entries with us and working with us. We hope to have some positive news for all of us soon.

Yours in triathlon,

Mike Crawley, Race Director


 

Monday 30 August

Hey Kingy Tri Fam,

I hope you had a great weekend. Our planning is going full-speed ahead for the Kingy Tri in November with extra activities throughout the weekend being formulated and over 750 entries so far.

This blasted COVID continues to raise concerns over the event, and with the border closure we are uncertain how the event will look. I know many of you are also wondering the same.

So after a great conversation with the Tweed Shire Council yesterday, we have decided the following:

  • If the event can comply with NSW Health Regulations , and the border is open it will proceed
  • Or, if the event complies with NSW Health Regulations, and the border remains closed it may be just a NSW event to support all our athletes and juniors in the Northern Rivers
  • The next review date on the regulations and the border will be on 1 October, and the final review date on 25 October.

I really need to thank those who are still buying their entries, as we are still spending money preparing for the event and we still need income to develop our expanded new Kingy Tri event. I understand some of you do not wish to enter and wish to wait that is no problem. You will always be welcome no matter the date.

With all respect and understanding of the current uncertainty I do not want to repeat the considerable time my office staff has spent managing refunds in the past, so please do not rush to enter if there are question marks over your access to the event and you plan to ask for a refund. Just wait to make your decision, we will make sure there is space for you.

For those already entered, if the November event is reduced in size or cannot proceed your entry will be automatically transferred to the 27 March 2022 Kingy Tri start list or any other NX event you choose.

Again to our loyal members, thanks for keeping your entries with us and working with us. We hope to have some positive news for all of us soon.

Yours in triathlon,

Mike Crawley, Race Director