EVENT UPDATE – Thursday 10 March

Good afternoon, 

I am writing with the sad news that we have conceded that it is best to postpone the Kingy Tri due to the ongoing impact of the flood disaster in the Northern Rivers. The Tweed Shire Council and our stakeholders have been hugely supportive, but their priorities are elsewhere and we cannot be assured the cycle course can be repaired in time. While we were hopeful the creek could clear up, the ongoing rain around the area has also meant the polluted water in Cudgen Creek remains a longer term risk.

After witnessing the local communities hardship’s especially on the cycle course in Chinderah, with all due respect it is not appropriate to shut their streets during this time. I know some of you are very aware of the local stresses, but for those who have not witnessed it, it is very distressing at the moment.

Like many in Chinderah, NX was also impacted by the floods. We have also lost much of our equipment from our New South Wales operation hub and after concluding much of the cleanup early this week we are concerned the equipment needing to be replaced may not be procured in time for 27 March.

I believe we can add value and we can create economic benefits when we return in May. 

This will now be the third event we have cancelled in 10 days, and we appreciate our athletes and friends ongoing assistance.

Your entry has been transferred to the start list of the Kingscliff Triathlon which will be held on the weekend of 28 and 29 May.

Again sincere apologies for this upset and I hope you and your family are safe and well. 

Mike Crawley, Race Director


I wish to transfer to the next Kingy Tri.
Your entry has automatically been transferred to Sunday 29 May. If you are free on this date there is nothing further you need to do. 

I wish to obtain a credit and use it at another event.
No problem, you can request a credit for next season via email to kingsclifftri@nxsports.org. 

I wish for a refund.
Refunds are available as per our terms and conditions. Please respond with your request via email to kingsclifftri@nxsports.org. 

EVENT UPDATE – Monday 7 March

Hi All – 

We are currently working with local stakeholders to confirm the event scheduled for Sunday 27 March can go ahead. With respect to participants we have temporarily paused entries. 

We are thinking of all our friends in the Northern Rivers and hope everyone is keeping safe and well. 

Mike Crawley
Race Director